1.- WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie is a file that is stored on the user’s computer, smartphone or any other device that holds browsing information.
The set of cookies helps to improve the quality of the website, allowing the control of which pages are useful, which are not and which are open to improvement.
Cookies are essential for the operation of the internet, providing uncountable advantages in the provision of interactive services, facilitating browsing and the usability of our website.
In no case are cookies harmful to computers, but they help, among other things, to identify and resolve any errors.
2.- WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES ARE THERE?
According to the entity that manages it:
- First party cookies: These are sent to the user’s terminal from the website’s own computer or domain from which the service is provided or which facilitates the information requested by the user.
- Third party cookies: These are sent to the user’s terminal from a computer or domain managed by another entity which is in charge of dealing with the data gathered through cookies (social networks, search engines, etc.). If the cookies are installed from the website’s own computer or domain, but the information that is collected through them is managed by a third party, they can not be considered as first party cookies.
Depending on the time period that they remain active, cookies can be:
- Session cookies: They are a kinf of cookie designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are often used to store information to provide the service requested by the user on a single occasion. In the long run, these allow a better experience to be provided in improving the content and facilitating its use.
- Long-term cookies: These are a kind of cookies in which the data remains stored on the user’s terminal and can be accessed and processed over a period defined by the manager of the cookie.
According to their purpose:
- Technical cookies: These allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and the use of the different options or services that are on it such as, for example, the control of traffic and the communication of data, identifying the session and allowing access to restricted areas.
- Personalisation cookies: These are those that allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria found in the user’s terminal such as language, the type of browser through which the service is accessed, the regional configuration from where the service is accessed, etc.
- Analytical cookies: These allow the person in charge to track and analyse the behaviour of the users of the website to which they are linked. The information collected through this kind of cookie is used to measure the activity of the website, the application or the platform and used for the creation of navigation profiles of the users of these sites, applications and platforms, to introduce improvements based on the analysis of how users of the service make use of the data.
- Advertising cookies: These allow the management, as effectively as possible, of the advertising spaces that have been included on the web page, application or platform through which the service requested is provided. They are based on criteria such as the published content or the frequency with which the ads are displayed.
- Behavioural Advertising Cookies: These allow the management, as effectively as possible, of advertising spaces that have been included on a web page, application or platform through which the service is requested. These cookies store user behaviour information obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allow a specific profile to be developed in order to show advertising based on them.
3.- HOW CAN YOU CONFIGURE OR DISABLE COOKIES?
You can allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer by configuring your Internet browser options. If you do not allow the installation of cookies on your browser, you may not be able to access some of the services and your experience on our website may become less satisfactory.
The procedures to be followed in order to configure or disable cookies, depending on the browser used, are detailed below:
- Internet Explorer: information is contained in this link.
- Firefox: information is contained in this link.
- Chrome: information is contained in this link.
- Safari: information is contained in this link.
- Opera: information is contained in this link.